- Congratulations to Hillcrest Medical Center, Oklahoma's 8th hospital designated Baby-Friendly, and Tulsa's 1st! The national average of babies born in a Baby-Friendly hospital is 25%. With the designation of Hillcrest Medical Center, the percentage of Oklahoma babies born in a Baby-Friendly hospital has risen to 20%. Hillcrest is a teaching hospital, which makes this designation significant because their new physicians will be trained in an environment of best practices for maternal/newborn care.
- COBA and the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) have put together a Guide to the Rights of Breastfeeding Employees in Oklahoma that shows how federal and state laws affect Oklahoma working parents. Spread the word!
- You can now support COBA by signing up with Giving Assistant to donate your cash back from online shopping with a great selection of retailers!
Events for Advocates & Professionals
- Friday, April 26, 2019, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Building Healthier Birth Outcomes; A Birth Workers' Conference at The Children's Center Rehabilitation Hospital, Bethany, OK. Hosted by Epiphany Birth Services, LLC.
- "Making Breastfeeding Easier" & "Breastfeeding Basics and Beyond" Trainings: Free one-day and two-day classes for health care providers held in Oklahoma City, provided by the Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resource Center (OBRC) with funding from the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Check the OBRC Training Page to register. Contact OBRC at OBRC@ouhsc.edu to arrange a class at your location.
- Thursday, May 23, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., COBA Spring General Meeting, Oklahoma City/Tulsa teleconference (two locations TBA). Agenda: Continuing Education Event and Networking.
Save the date:
- Saturday, August 3, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., COBA Summer General Meeting, Oklahoma City/Tulsa teleconference. Agenda: Breastfeeding Month Kickoff and Advocacy Planning.
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., COBA Fall General Meeting, Oklahoma City/Tulsa teleconference. Agenda: Elections, Continuing Education Event and Networking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your educational, professional, or advocacy event onto this page!
Page last updated 3/18/19 by RMP.