- Congratulations to Hillcrest Medical Center, Oklahoma's 8th hospital designated Baby-Friendly, and Tulsa's 1st! The national average of babies born in a Baby-Friendly hospital is 25%. With the designation of Hillcrest Medical Center, the percentage of Oklahoma babies born in a Baby-Friendly hospital has risen to 20%. Hillcrest is a teaching hospital, which makes this designation significant because their new physicians will be trained in an environment of best practices for maternal/newborn care.
- Harvard Business Review published an excellent summary in April on the why and how of supporting breastfeeding employees!
- COBA and the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) have put together a Guide to the Rights of Breastfeeding Employees in Oklahoma that shows how federal and state laws affect Oklahoma working parents. Spread the word!
- You can now support COBA by signing up with Giving Assistant to donate your cash back from online shopping with a great selection of retailers!
Events for Advocates & Professionals
- Thursday, May 23, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., COBA Spring General Meeting, Oklahoma City/Tulsa/online teleconference. Agenda includes continuing education on maternal mental health and networking.
Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits (OKC location)
720 W. Wilshire Blvd. Suite 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Legacy Plaza (Meeting Room B)
5330 E 31st St.
Tulsa, OK 74135
Online and telephone connection
Can't make it in person? Join our Google Meet.
Google Meet requires Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
Or dial: +1 614-427-1893 PIN: 422010626#
- "Making Breastfeeding Easier" & "Breastfeeding Basics and Beyond" Trainings: Free one-day and two-day classes for health care providers held in Oklahoma City, provided by the Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resource Center (OBRC) with funding from the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Check the OBRC Training Page to register. Contact OBRC at OBRC@ouhsc.edu to arrange a class at your location.
Save the date:
- Saturday, August 3, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., COBA Summer General Meeting, Oklahoma City/Tulsa teleconference. Agenda: Breastfeeding Month Kickoff and Advocacy Planning.
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., COBA Fall General Meeting, Oklahoma City/Tulsa teleconference. Agenda: Elections, Continuing Education Event and Networking.
Write to email@example.com to get your educational, professional, or advocacy event onto this page!
Page last updated 5/3/19 by RMP.