WIC Breastfeeding Support
The WIC Program (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) promotes and supports breastfeeding as an integral part of its goal to improve the nutritional status of infants for eligible families.
- Mothers choosing to breastfeed are provided information through counseling and educational materials.
- Mothers who breastfeed may be eligible to receive WIC benefits longer than non-breastfeeding mothers.
- Mothers who exclusively breastfeed their infants will receive an enhanced food benefit package.
- Mothers who breastfeed may be eligible to receive breast pumps.
- Mothers who breastfeed may receive follow-up support through breastfeeding peer counselors where available.
For more information about WIC breastfeeding resources in Oklahoma, contact the Oklahoma State Department of Health WIC Service Breastfeeding Promotion Program.
This page last updated 1/29/2021 by CAC.